In a highly saturated industry, picking you real estate professional can be a tough job. With so many great options you want to make sure you're picking an agent that best fits your needs. Below are my top questions to ask your realtor before you sign the listing agreement.
1. How long have you been selling real estate?
This is not everything but can show you have much experience they have in the industry. Real estate is a very on the job learning environment.
2. Is this an area you are familiar with and work frequently?
Your realtor should be a specialist in the area that you live. They should know the restaurants, parks, shopping centers as well as your communities unique features.
3. What is your average variation between list and sales price?
This is an indication of their pricing and negotiation skills.
4. Can you recommend me service providers such as a roofing company or a painter?
Your realtor should have a team of trusted professionals that they can recommend to you.
5. Is selling real estate your full time job?
Make sure their number 1 priority is getting your home sold.
6. How often do we communicate?
Communication, communication, communication. The answer should be a lot. Many real estate deals are killed because simple things weren't communicated to all parties involved.
7. Can you show me your references?
Hearing what previous clients have to say is a good indication of what it would be like to work with them. Check places like Zillow out beforehand to see client reviews!
8. How do your fees work?
Realtors typically charge a fee based on the percentage of the homes sale price. This fee is then split with the buyers agent.
9. What special marketing strategies do you use to sell my home?
Make sure your real estate agent is doing more than just putting a sign in your front yard. Look for unique marketing strategies.
10. Do you work with a team?
While working in teams is great, make sure you aren't going to be passed off to a transaction coordinator and then a closing coordinator as soon as you go under contract.
What are some questions you ask when hiring a real estate agent?