While everyone else is making New Years Resolutions about getting healthy, drinking more water, and watching less TV, I challenge you to make some New Years Resolutions for your home. I've compiled my top 5 resolutions for a happier home in 2017.
1. Declutter. Nothing makes us want a fresh start more than a new year. Head into January with a clean slate in your life and your home. Go through closest and donate or sell items you are no longer using. If you donate before the 31st you can get a tax credit for 2016!
2. Set a home improvement budget. Have you been dying to do a home improvement project all year? Set aside some money to tackle it in 2017! Small home upgrades over time pay big when it's time to sell.
3. Go green! Making small changes such as planting low water use plants or changing to energy efficient lightbulbs adds up over the year. Plus, it helps lower your carbon footprint and is good for the environment.
4. Set a cleaning schedule. Enlist your family and make a schedule that everyone can follow and help contribute. Setting certain tasks for each day helps to maintain cleanliness all year long.
5. Pay it off faster. Set aside a few extra dollars each month to put towards your mortgage. A little extra towards your principal balance each month adds up quickly. There's nothing better than paying off that mortgage in less time than it's due.
What are some of your New Years resolutions for your home this year?
What my Clients Are Saying
“Exceptional.” She truly walked us through the entire process of selling our home from beginning to end. We really appreciated that there was always someone available to answer our many questions and very good at negotiating on our behalf. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to sell or buy a home!