Happy 4th of July! I hope you're surviving this weather and remembering this is all worth when the winter months come around. If you're not escaping up North, check out my top 5 things to do in Phoenix this 4th of July.
The Town of Gilbert is celebrating 4th of July at Higley High School.
Time: 6-9pm with fireworks beginning at 8:30pm
Parking: Free parking at Higley High School as well as Centennial Elementary, Legacy Traditional Academy, and the Higley Unified School District Office
Bring some cash for food trucks!
The City of Chandler is celebrating 4th of July at Tumbleweed Park
Time: 6:30-9:30 p.m.; fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
Parking: $5 per car, cash only
Things to do: Sand volleyball, corn hole, patriotic coloring station and a photo booth
3. Queen Creek
The Town of Queen Creek is celebrating 4th of July at Schnepf Farms
Price: $20 general admission (per carload) , $45 VIP
Parking: included with ticket
Things to do: Shop local vendor booths, listen to live music, food trucks, beer and wine garden
The City of Mesa is celebrating 4th of July at the Mesa Amphitheater/Convention Center
Time: 6-10pm with fireworks beginning at 9:30
Things to do: Live music, BMX stunt show, picnic style games and beer garden
The City of Scottsdale is celebrating 4th of July at Westworld
Parking: $5 per car, cash only
Things to do: Stunt dog show, petting zoo, Fortnite pro gamer live
I wanted to try something new for this weeks Model Home Monday and check out a more custom home option for you. VIP Homes is building beautiful semi custom homes at La Jara Farms in Queen Creek and they definitely did not disappoint. If you're looking for a place to call home that offers bigger lots and lots of customization options than this is the spot for you.
The neat thing about these models (and builder) is that they are very flexible in letting you customize the home for your needs. Say you're a buyer who wants a 2500 square foot house with a 5 car garage, they can do it! Not a lot of other builders in the valley allow for so much customization in their products. The models were open and airy and all had great room concepts that todays buyers are desiring.
Their floorplans start at 2340 square feet for $486,900 and go all the way up to about 4000 square feet! All of the floor plans have at least a 3 car garage with the ability to add more as well as a RV garage. Bring all of your toys and cars because these homes can accommodate them all! If you're interested in looking at the models, please reach out, I would love the opportunity to work with you!
Welcome to this weeks featured Model home, or as I like to call it on my Instagram Stories, #ModelHomeMonday. It's a new goal of mine to not only get a model home posted on my Instagram and Facebook feeds but to also blog about it here where the content can live a little more permanently.
This week I checked out the grand opening of The Lakes at Annecy right off of Val Vista and Williamsfield in Gilbert, AZ. This new development is perfect for people who love the San Tan area and are also looking for homes featuring smaller outdoor spaces.
Let me just start off by saying, I loved this community, and I loved this price point for Gilbert! The smallest square footage floorplan starts at just $274,500! It's becoming increasingly more difficult to get into Gilbert for under $300K and this property does just that!
All of these floor plans featured open great room concepts with no wasted and unusable space, which is exactly what buyers are looking for these days. You enter from the ground floor and then immediately go upstairs to the main living spaces. Most of the bedrooms were either on the third or second floor and left you with amazing views of the lake and the San Tan Mountains.
Can we just talk about all of these patios and balconies? Not everyone is looking for a large grassy backyard and yard maintenance just isn't your thing then this is your kind of place! All of the floor plans had at least one balcony (some had two) and a few of the bigger ones had first floor patios.
The floorplans start at 1431 sqft and go all the way to 2269 sqft, which includes up to 4 bedrooms. They're modern, chic, and offer a lot of versatility in regards to the different options the builder is offering. If you have any questions regarding these models or any others, please don't hesitate to reach out. I would love the opportunity to work with you!
Housing trends are constantly changing but this one really had me scratching my head when I heard about it for the first time earlier this month. You're probably thinking it's a new paint color, decorative tile or even maybe that shiplap isn't trendy anymore (never!) Well, I have some bad news...
It's the McMansion, and it's back. Let's take a minute to say our goodbyes to the Tiny House. It was fun while it lasted, hopefully you'll be back soon.
A new study came out about this years Millennial home buyers and its trending upwards. Millennials buyers are now buying bigger homes than in years previous. As more Millennials leave the rental market and buy their first homes, we are seeing them skip the "starter home" altogether.
While, as a realtor this may be great news. As someone who wants a healthy economy and 2005 to never happen again, it scares me a little. Some Millennial home buyers are maxing out their purchasing budgets to get the dream home for their first property.
What are your thoughts on the McMansion trend?
Tucked in a little corner in Gilbert, the Bungalows at Cooley Station features four different gorgeous models. The decorators did an amazing job of giving all the models different styles and vibes. They range from beachy chic, to farmhouse, to mid century modern.
Look at all the light coming in those windows! Every room you walk into looked like this. They were such bright open floorplans and many of them featured options for a large wall of sliding glass doors in the great room. All of the Bungalows have side patios instead of backyards for a more urban living in the suburbs! Woodside is building energy efficient homes that are customizable to your families needs.
These beautiful homes are starting in the mid $200K's and have floorplans from 1,537 square feet all the way up to 2,419 square feet. Don't forgot that you'll spend about 10-15% of the purchase price on all on your options and upgrades inside. Let me know if you'd like to check out The Bungalows at Cooley Station, I'd love to help you pick out your dream home!
Looking for something fun to do tomorrow morning? Downtown Gilbert has the best farmers market in town! The farmers market is located just under the iconic Gilbert water tower on Saturday mornings from 8am-12pm. They have produce, food trucks, handmade items, desserts, fresh bread, cold pressed juice and so much more!
The produce selection is amaaazingg! Everything is grown here in Arizona and picked just days before the farmers market. They have all the in season produce you can imagine, as well as some things you've probably never heard of. I couldn't believe the size of the kale we saw there last week! If you get there before breakfast there are lot of morning goodies to try like breakfast burritos and empenadas as well as cold brew coffee. There's an entire section of just art and handmade goods as well, it always feels so good to #shoplocal.
What's your favorite booth at the Gilbert Farmers Market?
This week I headed a little further East to check KB Homes Dahlia Pointe Villas in Gilbert. KB is promoting these as single family homes but they would be the perfect lock and leave patio home due to their smaller yards and zero lot lines.
Three different floor plans showcase the variety that KB offers to it's customers. Unlike most builders who upgrade their models with tens of thousands of dollars in options, KB's first model shows the standard included options for all of its home. While it's not as exciting to walk through, it paints a very fair and real picture of what you get at the builders base price. We can all appreciate a little #keepingitreal moment, thanks KB!
With large glass windows and sliding doors there is an easy cohesion between inside and out. The side patios are perfect entertaining spaces and can easily fit large patio tables, grills, and pergolas. Dahlia Pointe has a community pool, large grassy play areas and children's playgrounds.
They're offering a wide variety of floor plans starting at 1589 sqft all the way up to 2260 sqft with a little bit of everything in between. Prices for all floor plans are starting in the low-mid $200's and you can plan on spending an additional 10-15% of the purchase price on options (countertops, flooring, etc.) Don't forgot to ask the builder about the incentives they're currently offering new home buyers.
The more and more I talk to buyers the more I realize that people have no idea they should bring their real estate agent with them when they look at model homes. I'm on a mission to change this. Your real estate agent should be your biggest resource when buying a brand new home. Remember the sales agents represent the builder and don't always have your best interest in mind when it comes to negotiating.
I'm starting a new series on the blog featuring new build communities in the Southeast Valley. First up is Warner Groves at Morrison Ranch. There are three different builders over there, and we will get to all of them but the first one is Maracay Homes.
They have two gorgeous models, one single story one two story and 4 different models to chose from to build. The single story model (Flatiron floor plan) is 1,975 square feet with 3 bedrooms + den and 2.5 bath rooms. The Flatiron is an open concept floor plan with the large eat in kitchen opening to great room, breakfast nook and a formal dining space.
The second model is the Belmont floor plan featuring two stories, 2,869 square feet with 4 bedrooms + den and loft and 3 bathrooms. The Belmont feels very open concept with the breakfast nook and great room opening to kitchen. The loft upstairs is perfect for a kids playroom or home office and leaves the upstairs feeling open and inviting.
Prices for Maracay's new builds at Warner Groves are starting in the low $300's. Stay tuned for the next new community on the blog!
In the spirit of Valentines Day I wanted to talk to you about fun and unique ways you can love your home this year.
1. Make it personal. Any home can feel personal with a splash of your favorite color paint and some wall art. Have your favorite family photo printed on a large canvas and hang it in your most loved room. Adding little touches that feel more "you" and less "generic" will make it a space you want to be in.
2. Bring the outdoors in. Adding house plants, flowers, or succulents can brighten up any space. For all you non green thumbs out there like me, succulents are a low maintenance plant that adds an colorful pop to any room. Check out my blog here on my favorite succulents.
3. Tackle a DIY project. Are you a fellow Pinterest junkie? Tackle the DIY project you've been dying to do this weekend. Start with a small project to build up your DIY confidence and try a bigger one next weekend!
4. Purge. It feels so good to get rid of things we are no longer using and let them have a loving home somewhere else. Do one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed and you'll be amazed at how great the space will feel when all the clutter is gone.
5. Change the bedding. Fresh sheets and new bedding feel amazing! This is such a simple and affordable way to change up any room. Have you walked the bedding aisles of Target lately? You won't have a hard time finding one (or ten) that you like.
6. Light a candle. There is nothing like your favorite scent that makes us feel more at home. If you've ever walked into Anthropologie you know these Volcano Candles are to die for and will make you never want to leave.
7. Rearrange it. Ever feel like your space is getting a little dull? Rearrange your existing furniture and decor to have a new and fresh feel without spending a dime!
8. Upcycle. Take a piece of furniture you already own and give it a new life. Repurpose an existing piece of furniture to better fit your style and decor.
9. Fix it. Is there a broken door or window you've been meaning to fix for months? A dishwasher that won't stop leaking? Take care of it! This will create a space you want to be in instead of just seeing the "problems" every time you're there.
10. Ask a friend. Have a friend over you love and trust and ask their opinion. A fresh set of eyes can make you appreciate of your own space.
What's your best tip for creating a space you love to be in?
It's no secret we live on ours phones nowadays and with our on the go mentalities we need real estate apps that keep up. Today I want to share with the top real estate apps for homebuyers and sellers.
1. Zillow. Let me begin by saying I used to be a Zillow hater. But Zillow's search engines are far superior to any other app around as well as their overall aesthetic. This is my personal go-to app when I'm on the road with a client and we need quick info about a house. They provide so much amazing consumer information like schools, comparable homes, and neighborhood information.
2. Dwellr. Not just for the city dwellers, we like this one out in the burbs too. In my eyes this is the app of the current paper Buyers Advisory we provide every buyer. Dwellr makes the cut for all of incredible information it provides regarding population, demographics, safety, and education about a surrounding area.
3. Zillow Mortgage Calculator. Zillow created a separate mortgage calculator app that allows you to enter in the sales price, downpayment, and interest rate and then it provides you with an estimated monthly mortgage payment. In the advanced function you can add homeowners insurance, HOA dues, and property taxes as well. The other really interesting thing about this app is the Market Trends that show todays going interest rate as compared to last month or even last year.
4. Project Color. You're trying to pick the perfect color for your new room and can't decide between a few different shades of gray. This app allows you to see what different color of paint would look like on your walls before you ever have to open up a can of sample paint.
5. RoomScan Pro. Ever been in a room and thought I wonder how how big that space is? If you're like me and never remember to throw tape measure in the back of your car this app will be perfect for you! RoomScan Pro (not a free app) allows you to draw a floor plan with just the touch of your phone to the wall. This can help you plan out rooms before you have to move your furniture in.
These are just a few that help me get through my day. What's go-to real estate app?