In the spirit of Valentines Day I wanted to talk to you about fun and unique ways you can love your home this year.
1. Make it personal. Any home can feel personal with a splash of your favorite color paint and some wall art. Have your favorite family photo printed on a large canvas and hang it in your most loved room. Adding little touches that feel more "you" and less "generic" will make it a space you want to be in.
2. Bring the outdoors in. Adding house plants, flowers, or succulents can brighten up any space. For all you non green thumbs out there like me, succulents are a low maintenance plant that adds an colorful pop to any room. Check out my blog here on my favorite succulents.
3. Tackle a DIY project. Are you a fellow Pinterest junkie? Tackle the DIY project you've been dying to do this weekend. Start with a small project to build up your DIY confidence and try a bigger one next weekend!
4. Purge. It feels so good to get rid of things we are no longer using and let them have a loving home somewhere else. Do one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed and you'll be amazed at how great the space will feel when all the clutter is gone.
5. Change the bedding. Fresh sheets and new bedding feel amazing! This is such a simple and affordable way to change up any room. Have you walked the bedding aisles of Target lately? You won't have a hard time finding one (or ten) that you like.
6. Light a candle. There is nothing like your favorite scent that makes us feel more at home. If you've ever walked into Anthropologie you know these Volcano Candles are to die for and will make you never want to leave.
7. Rearrange it. Ever feel like your space is getting a little dull? Rearrange your existing furniture and decor to have a new and fresh feel without spending a dime!
8. Upcycle. Take a piece of furniture you already own and give it a new life. Repurpose an existing piece of furniture to better fit your style and decor.
9. Fix it. Is there a broken door or window you've been meaning to fix for months? A dishwasher that won't stop leaking? Take care of it! This will create a space you want to be in instead of just seeing the "problems" every time you're there.
10. Ask a friend. Have a friend over you love and trust and ask their opinion. A fresh set of eyes can make you appreciate of your own space.
What's your best tip for creating a space you love to be in?